Return to educational activities page
Killerton House, Broadclyst, Exeter, Devon EX5 3LE
Distance from Cottage Hotel: 53 miles / 85 kilometres (1 hrs 15 mins by car)
Suitable for: Educational days out | Nature days out | Activities in the open
The Cottage Hotel is an hour and a half away from Killerton, where you can spend a beautiful day out with your family and friends.
Killerton House was built in 1778-9. The beautiful garden was created by John Veith with magnolias, rhododendrons, and rare trees surrounded by rolling Devon countryside.
Explore over 60 miles of footpaths on the Killerton Estate.
Things to see and do in Killerton:
- House – over three centuries Killerton House was the comfortable family house to the Aclands
- Costume – clothes and accessorie historic fashion collection
- Garden – rare trees, sweeping lawns, naturalised bulbs and more
- Countryside – offers walks, trails, bridleways and cycling tracks, historical parkland, orchards, ancient woodland.
- Bite to eat – home-made bread created with flour from Clyston Mill, enjoy local meals
- Chapel – built in 1841, placed in the parkland