Dear arriving guests
Our guests' well-being and safety has always been our priority. Since re-opening on 17th May 2021, we have continued with our health and safety measures. The hotel has been deep-cleaned and sanitised, and we have trained our staff members on how to protect the health of others. During your stay, we will carry on with the extra measures to make your stay memorable as well as safe.
We have looked at all aspects of your stay, making sure they are as safe as possible. Please make yourself familiar with new measures by reading our step by step guidance below:
1. Prior to check-in
- We kindly ask you to postpone your booking if you show any of the symptoms of Covid-19 such as: high temperature, a new persistent cough, loss of smell and/or taste.
- If you have any questions regarding our procedures to prevent the spread of the virus please do not hesitate to contact reception.
- Please consider downloading the government’s contact tracing application to help us contain the spread of the virus.
- We kindly ask all our customers to not enter the building if showing any of the Covid-19 symptoms.
- From the 19th July, face masks are no longer mandatory in all indoor public spaces including the Hotel. If you feel more comfortable wearing a mask, then please do so.
- We do encourage our guests and staff to continue wearing them when moving around the building.
- If you require assistance with your luggage, we will kindly ask you to leave it in the porch (or other designated area) and we will bring it to your room.
- You will be greeted by a staff member from a distance (but with a smile!) and you will be politely asked to sanitise your hands before entering the building.
- If you have any additional enquiries, please ask the greeting member of staff or telephone reception from your bedroom.
- Please collect your key card from Reception and order your daily newspaper. We can assure you all the key cards will be sanitised before use.
- Please follow the arrows and signs while making your way to the bedroom – if you need directions, please ask the greeting staff member for help or see the map located at Reception
- While in your bedroom, please do not hesitate to contact the reception with questions or requests as our wish is to make your stay as pleasant as possible and make sure you feel comfortable and safe.
3. Common areas
- Leaflets, magazines and publications will no longer be available in public areas for all guests to use. Instead, these items will be kept behind reception and can be provided on request for guests to keep as their personal copy.
- We have removed non-essential items and rearranged the existing furniture to make sure we can maintain social distancing. We kindly ask you to not move tables or chairs around, please ask the staff member to do so, if necessary.
- We have our "Clean Team" available at all times to disinfect frequently used areas and items (door handles, tables, chairs).
- We have set hand sanitising stations in common areas and we politely ask you to use them as often as needed.
- We kindly ask you to use your own bathroom in your bedroom instead of public toilets in the lounge to avoid overcrowding.
4. Hotel bedrooms
- Rooms will be serviced daily. Please vacate your room so housekeeping can clean your room. If you would prefer your room not to be serviced during your stay, please speak to reception. If you require and extra towels, tea tray items etc, please see Reception.
- Extra measures will be taken when cleaning and disinfecting bedrooms and bathrooms.
- As an extra precaution and to give guests confidence that your bedroom is virus-free, the Cottage Hotel has invested in two Duo 10 Portable Ozone Generators. We will use the machines prior to each guest's arrival. More information about Duo 10 here (https://www.aozp.co.uk/).
- Our housekeeping staff have been trained on how to use the Ozone Machine as well as how to disinfect the bedroom properly.
- All informative leaflets about the hotel are laminated and sanitised prior to arrival.
- All toiletry packaging will have been sanitised.
- Non-essential items have been removed from bedrooms (decorative cushions and end of bed runner).
- To avoid overcrowding in reception area we politely ask you to phone instead of coming down to see us if the matter is not of great importance.
5. Food and drink
- The breakfast menu is available in your room and on the notice board near Reception.
- Meal times have been extended as follows:
- Breakfast: 8am – 9.30am
- Lunch: 12pm – 2pm
- Dinner: 7.00pm – 8.30pm
- Breakfast will be served a la carte, for your convenience. We would request you place your order for breakfast before 6pm the day before. Online ordering is also available.
- Dinner orders will be taken in the restaurant.
- Room service is £3.00 per service; please inform us if you wish to eat in your bedroom when you order your meal.
- Tables in the restaurant will be safly spaced.
- We will kindly ask you to sanitise your hands before entering and leaving the restaurant, and wear your mask when moving around the hotel.
- Tables and chairs will be disinfected between each service. Tables will be set immediately prior to guests seating time, using sanitised hands.
- Salt and pepper pots and other minimal tableware will be sanitised
- Restaurant staff have been trained on food handling; staff members will sanitise hands frequently during service.
- To maintain social distancing, we will still provide full table service throughout the restaurant and lounges, please raise your hand for attention. However you may now approach the bar, but please do maintain 'social distancing'.
You can view our menus during the restrictions on our food and drink page.
- We will print a paper copy of your invoice on your departure day. If you would prefer an email instead please contact reception, to avoid queuing at reception. You may pay by card at the reception desk, or to avoid queuing you can do so over the phone from your bedroom if you prefer – or you can pay by BACS using the following information:
Bank Name: Barclays PLC
Account Name: The Cottage Hotel
Sort Code: 20 30 47
Account No: 43 24 84 96
Reference: Reservation surname
- If you require help with luggage please call reception from your bedroom and place luggage outside your door. Alternatively, please wait in your car while we bring the luggage to avoid contact.
- Please return your key cards to the key drop at reception.
- We will kindly ask you to sanitise your hands before leaving the building.
7. Our staff
- All of our staff have been trained on how to prevent the spread of Covid-19 and how to maintain the highest level of health and safety in our hotel.
- All staff will be temperature-checked before starting work; the record will be kept in reception.
- Any of the staff members shows symptoms will be required to self-isolate.
- Hand sanitising stations and information posters are located in the back of house for staff use. Staff will be asked to wash and/or sanitise hands frequently.
We hope you understand why we have put these procedures in place. We all, staff and guests alike, have a duty to protect each other. We hope these procedures don't have to be in place for too long and we can return to normal operations soon but until then, we must all work together in the fight against Covid-19.
William and Sarah Ireland